Global Grad Show is now Prototypes for HumanityRead the story
The origins of the National University of Lesotho go back to April 8, 1945, when a Catholic University College was founded at Roma by the Roman Catholic Hierarchy of Southern Africa. The establishment of this College was a realization of a decision taken in 1938 by the Synod of Catholic Bishops in South Africa to provide African Catholic students with post-matriculation and religious guidance.
The decision to establish the National University of Lesotho on, the Lesotho (Roma) campus site of the former UBLS was taken on October 20, 1975, by the Lesotho Interim National Assembly through Act No. 1 3 of 1975. NUL is the proud heir of Pius XII University College, UBBS and UBLS. It occupies the same site, grounds, and buildings as its predecessors, as well as additional ones.
Today, the National University of Lesotho is a growing institution striving to meet the needs of the nation, through producing competent and skilled graduates who can easily take up the call to assist in the development of Lesotho.